Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Dashing through my Stash

And because there  is nothing quite like working under some real pressure, the quilt I had intended to give Hanna for Christmas was snapped up by my LQS for a store sample. And look where it has ended up...on the front cover of their newsletter and will be the inspiration for their in-store QA2016. (with kind permission of Angela of course). I'm a cover girl, well my RSC15 is.

So because the RSC15 is otherwise engaged I was busy piecing this Sew Kind of Wonderful Metro Rings to give to Hanna. It had to be flimsy-ready to take to my LAQ ...and just like that she had it finished and ready for gift giving. Bless her little 9 year old's heart she recognized it immediately as the quilt that was on 'the wall' that she had admired a few weeks earlier.

Love and hugs to you all - Merry Christmas and a very Creative New Year
Kathy

5 comments:

  1. I love this quilt. What a wonderful gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just looked at this pattern over the weekend and wondered how fast it would go together. Um, probably not nearly as fast as yours, and it's gorgeous. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are welcome! (I think). There are a few tricky parts and to my advantage I started the quilt in a class where the instructor had already figured out the tricky bits. That said, there is still a lot of forgiveness in the measurements. There are a lot of patterns you can do with the one ruler, for instance the Metro Hoops is also quite a bit "easier". AND they now have the mini ruler for some more fun options. Good luck

      Delete
  3. So exciting to see "our" quilt on the front of the quilt shop brochure. It looks great! Glad you were able to finish of another quilt instead. It too is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete