Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Farm Girl at Heart...cont'd

# 80 Carrie Nation
This is such a light airy block...just love it. I was delighted to use some tiny amber coloured 1 1/4" squares from my friend Brandis, leftovers from a mystery class we took part in 3 years ago.  Is that too long to keep those tiny pieces?
Patio Lanterns that I made with my tiny 1 1/4" pieces from the same class. The Quilt pattern was called Trail Mix.
One of the other benefits of quilting is coming across a block named Carrie Nation. The discussion could end there, or I could Google this name and learn about the very determined woman from the American Temperance League that this block was named for.

This experience reminded me of when I used to collect stamps as a young teen and I wondered who was this Alfred Noble guy that was featured on so many of the Swedish stamps.

Keep on asking questions, keep on learning, keep on creating.

love and hugs
Kathy

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Carrie Nation is a gem of a block. It's simple yet stunning. And I love your Patio Lanterns. Those yellows and golds just sparkle their way across the quilt. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete