1. Contrary Wife...using some red hst's that are a cut-away from a
red thread's spool quilt that is on the design wall.
2. Box...also using up some bonus red hst's from above mentioned quilt.
3. Basket weave...using a strip set that was in the scrap bin.
4.Attic Windows...really digging in the scrap bin here.
5. Autumn Tints...more scraps that come from G knows where, because I sure have not used these in any other quilt I have made.
6.Basket...I love basket blocks
7. Bat Wing...I had to draw this out and do some paper piecing...pink bats are not all that scary! Whoa that is a lot pink too.
8. Big Dipper...introducing the qst's now (quarter square triangles).
9. Birds in the Air...should have used a stronger contrast or accept the fact that the birds are so far up in the sky that they are hard to distinguish.
10. Bowtie...just a fun little block.
11. Broken Dishes....accomplished handily through the use of my new favourite tool...the 6.5" Easy Angle Ruler by Sharon Hultgren. Awesome results every time.
12.Broken Sugar Bowl ...more broken china...opa!
13. Butterfly at the Crossroads...this surely is a good sign of spring.
14. Calico Puzzle...made with some calico scrap stash.
15. Churn Dash...one of my favourite all time pieced blocks; done scrappy and using bonus red hst's.
16. Cut Glass Dish...one of the non-broken remaining.
17. Flock...there are several traditional pieced blocks that refer to fowl...here's another one.
18. Flower Basket...love making these basket blocks
19. Friendship Star...there is a lot of pink in this quilt. Time to toss in something a little stronger ...let's try cheddar.
20. Homeward Bound...another pink block!
21. Maple Leaf...bring on the cheddar again.
22. Peace and Plenty....so thankful for my easy angle ruler, it kick's the stuffing out of these tiny hst's.
23. Postage stamp...perfect corners and yes yet more pink.
24. Practical Orchard...calming soothing greens.
25. Prairie Queen...hang on here is more pink.
26 & 27...with the careful placement of fabric you can have either a Snowball
or a Shoo Fly (more bonus red hst's).
28. Wedding Ring...oh look pink and cheddar together. I like it.
29.Whirlpool...have I mentioned how much I like my easy angle ruler for making these 1.5" hsts?
30. Wrench...if you go back and look at #15, it is the same block.
31. Bonus Basket Block...love baskets.
32. Sickle...yes I am looking for the connection too!
33. Cross between a basket and an leaf...love it.
34. Stars...another block favourite.
well that get's you caught up on my progress for the Barrister's Sow-a-long, and because of my A-type personality I have done a few more blocks than have been called for at this time.